House Dad

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Hearing things

It was a nice day, Quiet. So I thought I would talk about a change to my life that I have noticed recently.

Before E was born there were a lot of things that I could take for granted that are no longer true. For example it used to be the case that when I would hear something it was because a noise had been made. No longer true. Since E joined the family almost whenever I am home alone with, or without, her and she is not in the room with me... I hear her crying.

It is not even that I think I hear her crying, until I check I really hear it. It is quiet, but it's quiet when she is crying in her room and I am in the kitchen. So the only way that I can get it out of my head is to go and take a look. For the sake of my mental health I am glad that we got a monitor that opperates on battery power as well as when plugged in.

by the way I asked K, she says that she hears it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home